Thursday, August 09, 2007

Wasted

Yesterday was a long day of travel. Two hours in the Airport Limousine from the Shinagawa Prince Hotel to Narita Airport. An hour hanging out in the airport mall. Another hour in the Red Carpet Club. Twelve hours from Narita to Chicago. Two hours getting through immigration, customs and figuring out what to do. Nine hours at the Red Carpet Club. Two hours from Chicago to Baltimore, then another hour to get bags and get home. Into bed by 4am and up again at 4pm.

In other words, I feel utterly wasted. I want to go back to bed. I've got reports and payroll to complete by tomorrow morning. I'm sorta hungry, but I'm tired. I just want to go back to bed. But I know if I do, it'll take longer to recover. Need to push through the time zones and get back to business.

My cell phone is utterly quiet. It's so quiet, it's unnerving. No one knows that I'm back. No one calls. It should be blissful, but it's just unnerving. I think I'm bored but I'm too tired to tell. Maybe I should go out and see a movie. Will they take 10,000 Yen instead of a ten dollar bill?

1 comment:

Blue Ryder said...

There's something to be said about reading someone else's blog while they're traveling.

It's almost like spying, especially when there are pics involved! I like it!