Friday, October 12, 2007

Finding Chiapas


130 pounds of Mexican goodness.


I've done it. I've finally done it. I've gone over the edge and purchased for myself green coffee to roast. At the behest of Jeff from Southern Skies Coffee, I called up Andrew at Vournas Coffee in California and ordered some coffee from Chiapas, Mexico. I picked it up today and it's now sitting in my garage awaiting that morning when I will take the time to fire up the Petroncini and give it a whirl.

Perhaps in a couple of years one of you will be drinking coffee from SpRoast Coffee Roasters of Somewhere in Maryland dot com.

1 comment:

m said...

as long as i don't have to pick grapes -- i mean beans -- in sub zero weather , fingers numb, with you hocking it off as a "wine-" i mean "coffee tasting party".

although, perhaps if you serve bone-in ribeye cooked in bacon fat i might reconsider.