Sunday, August 24, 2008

Porto's Bakery


Christine with the goods from Porto's.

Who are these Cubans and what is their secret?

Christine arrived at the house fresh from her trip to Palm Springs with a small box from Porto's Bakery in tow. I had never heard of Porto's and Christine was quite passionate about their stuff so I had to give it a try. Inside were Porto's most cherished item: the Refugiado which, I'm guessing, means "refugee" in Spanish. Whatever the true meaning, it only means one thing to me: delicious or sabroso.

Strudel filled with guava and cream cheese. Good Lord, it's amazing. I want to chow down on it hard. Very hard. I don't know how we're going to make it to dinner with all these side snacks...


Porto's Bakery
315 North Brand Boulevard
Glendale, CA 91203
818-956-5996
www.portosbakery.com

No comments: