Thursday, May 07, 2009

Wii Bii Bored

Was out the other day and found the Wii Sports package and Wii Fit contraption at Target. I decided to buy them. My cousin told me they had them at Target, the guy at the counter told me I could probably sell them on eBay for a profit. I figured it might be a way for me to do something active while at home. Profiteering be damned.

Never in my life have I ever owned more than one gaming console at a time. My brother and I had the Atari 2600 when it was still just called the "Atari" - we never owned Intellivision. When Colecovision came out, we got that. I think my brother had the Nintendo but I didn't. He also got the PlayStation.

Years later, the PlayStation 2 came out and I got one. For six weeks, I was Snake Plissken. Then, when the stresses of business close in around me, I took to the streets of Liberty City and, with the help of cheat codes, proceeded to gun down the masses in a ball of fury, flame and a hail of gunfire.

Fast forward to 2006 and I'm unexpectedly the owner of a PlayStation 3, which turned out to be more of a Blu-Ray Disc player than anything else - except for the one week period where I was launching a Blitzkrieg of 155mm tracer shells on unsuspecting bad guys from my C-130 Hercules gun ship.

Now, I've got the old PS2, the PS3 and the new Wii. I finally opened and set it up today and gave Wii Sports a go. After a rather successful game of bowling and a relatively decent round of golf (which is much better than my real world average), I'm now bored with the machine and couldn't stand playing another round.

1 comment:

Raymond Prado said...

Dude, you have to have friends over for some competish. and snowboard!