Monday, September 07, 2009

3am Screwed

It's just past 3am here in Baltimore and I'm stuck. After a long day with my nieces and family celebrating my aunt's birthday, then dinner with Anisha and a birthday beverage hang with The Bob, I'm sitting at home struggling with exhaustion and fatigue and I don't want to sleep.

My flight to Miami this morning is at 6am, which means I have to check-in by 5am and leave my place no later than 4:30am. Do I sleep for 50 minutes and risk not waking up and missing my flight? Or do I hang in there, dying to sleep and just wait it out until it's time to leave?

Knowing how many flights I've missed because of similar circumstances means that I'm waiting it out.

I hate early morning flights and these flights to Latin America are the worst. Whether it's Mexico City, Managua or Bogota, it's always the first flight out to catch the one flight down south. It's horrible. I always try to schedule my flights as late as possible in the day to avoid these circumstance but sometimes, it just doesn't work out to my ideals.

At least I'll be tired enough that I can, hopefully, sleep most of the way to Bogota.

No comments: