Friday, January 01, 2010

Reflecting 2009

Seems that it's that time of the year for reflecting on the year past and there's something that's nagging at me - the whole Year In Review thing. Certainly, there are venues where a Year In Review is appropriate, but I'm realizing that penning a Year In Review post to an archived blog is redundant. If someone wants to review the Year Of Blogging, they can simply scroll, click and peruse the archives in the right column. Seems like a complete waste of time and energy "recapping" the year in a month-by-month punch list.

Like most years, 2009 was a good year. I had a lot of fun. It had its' ups and downs. Friends passed away, new members were born. Joy and sadness. Hallmarks and footnotes. Whatever the case, I'm still alive and enjoying myself, and there's not much more I could ask for.

In 2009:
- I did not make enough Mad Money to buy the Ferrari. Sad.
- I was able to negotiate and secure a location for project hampden. Happy.
- I was able to find a great assortment of people to staff both Spro and project hampden. Happy.
- We were unable to open project hampden. Sad.
- I spent lots of time with great friends. Happy.
- I was unable to see all of my friends around the world. Sad.
- I met Twyla. Happy.
- She moved back to Arizona. Sad.
- I met Diana. Happy.
- She lives in Colombia. Sad.
- I went to Nicaragua. Happy.
- I did not make it to Hawaii. Sad.
- I learned more than ever about food. Happy.
- I ate too much doing so. Sad.
- I didn't exercise much. Happy.
- Not exercising did not offset the learning about food. Sad.
- I was upgraded a lot to First Class. Happy.
- I did not make Premier Executive again. Sad.
- New children were born. Happy.
- Old friends died. Sad.


Resolutions
I'm really not into New Year's Resolutions. In fact, I'm against them. Like bombs on airplanes, they should be banned. However, there are some things that I am thinking about for two thousand ten.

- Eat more.
- Drink more.
- Party more.
- Meet more women.
- Learn more.
- Explore more.
- Travel more.
- Speak my mind more often.
- Love more.
- Return to Paris.
- Return to Honolulu.
- Visit Spain.
- Seek more fortune.
- Spread goodwill.
- Meet more people.
- Be a good uncle.

- and get that damn project hampden open.

No comments: