Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Red Velvet Cheesecake




When it comes to baked goods for Spro Towson, I generally let my mom do whatever she pleases. Truth be told, there's really no telling my mom what to do, she just does it and like a dutiful son, I try to go with the flow as much as possible.

When she told me that she was going to try something called Red Velvet Cheesecake, I envisioned some sort of red velvet flavored cheesecake. What I found was what you see above. Instead of the usual Red Velvet Cake she normally bakes, this one is layered with cheesecake. The cake itself is huge. The slices were immense. I can't imagine how any one person could finish a slice in one sitting.

Normally, I don't eat our own product. To my mind, it isn't eating cheaply for our cost on the item, it's the lost revenue. If I eat it, the company makes nothing. If I suck it up and go without, someone else buys the product and the company makes money. But this one looked too good to pass up and I had a slice.

Woah, pretty darn good. But it's still huge. I start wondering how this would be as a mini-cake individually sized for $4.75 - or if we tool hydrocolloids to create a cheesecake ribbon that we braid with red velvet strips...

No comments: