Wednesday, April 21, 2010

On Call: Westside

Tick, tock, tick, tock, tick, tock...

With running multiple locations, I'm finding myself fielding a lot more phone calls, queries, emails and more on an hourly basis. This issue needs addressing. That vendor needs to be paid. The pastries are late. The hot water tower isn't working at optimum. The POS needs to be scrubbed - even though I'm thousands of miles away, there's still work to be done.

However, I'm finding that the calls and issues typically end just after 6pm western time, which is right after the last shop closes down for the evening. By seven, the phone and email accounts are silent. No more rings or text messages. I can now party and drink all night long without necessarily having to deal with issues.

Of course, the opposite side of the coin is that the calls can start around 4am, as the first shop begins it's operating day. Which leaves me a ten hour window of opportunity to get crazy wild.

No comments: