Sunday, April 25, 2010

Tommy Burger


Feels like the first time.

Since The Bob is staying at the house tonight, and he's now a committed man, I'm forced to be good tonight and go home. At least I'll get a good three hours of sleep.

On the way there, we're in the hunt for some late-night eats. The tacos al pastor place on Fletcher isn't there and we end up at the Original Tommy Burger at Beverly and Rampart.

If you've never been there, the original location is quite a scene. Actually, I've never had a Tommy Burger anywhere but here, so I don't know anything else. The last time I was here was a couple of years ago with Laila but things haven't changed.

Want to meet Latina chicks? This is the place. It's lovely but I'm still full from our spaghetti and pass on a burger. The typical Tommy Burger is two patties with cheese, chili, pickles, tomatoes, lettuce and a sauce. It's a tasty burger but I'm stuffed and can't even think of eating one.

But this is The Bob's first time at Tommy Burger and he's chowing down hard. That's when Marc finds us hanging out. Three guys, lots of Latinas, it's a recipe for hope. Of course, Marc is spoken for as well and I'm the lone bachelor in the group. So much for wingmen...

No comments: