Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Electricity, E-Lectricity...



I find wiring electric to be a fascinating exercise. Ever since I watched the electricians on movie sets doing their thing, I've always found it interesting. As time went by, I started doing a little wiring project of my own here and there. Additional outlets, extensions, switches, ceiling fans, sub panels - always fascinating.

Of course, there's plenty of electrical work I either can't do or just don't have the expertise to do. Wiring and electricity is relatively simple. At a very basic level, it's just matching the colors. Of course, the downside is that an improper job will result in injury and you might even electrocute yourself. Not exactly the way to cap off your day.

But for now, I'll tinker with small projects and keep my growing collection of Klein tools nearby.

No comments: