Saturday, January 01, 2011

2010 and Onwards

After a night of revelry into the wee hours of the morning there must be something wrong with me penning this post on New Year's Day, but I guess it's time for another one of those Year In Review things.

2010 was a pretty good year. A year with ups and downs. A year that started off in darkness. A year filled with challenges. Notably, it was a year that none of my friends passed away.

One year ago, I listed some "resolutions" and here is how I fared:

- Eat more. Yes.
- Drink more. Not really.
- Party more. Sometimes too much.
- Meet more women. As though it were a vengeance.
- Learn more. Check.
- Explore more. Check.
- Travel more. Check.
- Speak my mind more often. Too much.
- Love more. Finally.
- Return to Paris. Check.
- Return to Honolulu. Failed.
- Visit Spain. Failed.
- Seek more fortune. Check.
- Spread goodwill. Check.
- Meet more people. Check.
- Be a good uncle. Bad Uncle.

Here are some of the highlights (or lowpoints) of 2010.

In 2010:
- project hampden opened into Spro Hampden.
- we dazzled people with great coffee.
- I found myself with a group of great coffee people.
- I was mired in darkness during the first quarter.
- I finally dated someone that all my friends hated.
- I found out why - the hard way.
- I reconnected with someone from my past.
- I met my new niece.
- I partied again in L.A.
- I nearly got sucked into the lifestyle in L.A.
- I found that London is really kind of a "meh" city.
- I smoked great weed in Copenhagen.
- I experienced Europe via train.
- I cheated by going first class on the TGV.
- I joined a gym.
- I went once. In February.
- I've been thinking about going back.
- I cut my hair.
- I traveled to Vancouver, Victoria and Seattle.
- I realized that I follow too many coffee people on twitter.
- I finally started tweeting.
- I did not quit facebook.
- I finally got that HD camera I've been wanting.
- I did not make Mileage Plus Premier Executive.

Facing Forward
Now that it's 2011 it's time to think about the year ahead. Still so much to do and I think I'm in the years where the mid-life crisis is supposed to begin. So here are some of the things I would like to accomplish in 2011:

- Buy a Ferrari.
- Be an existent uncle.
- Travel more.
- Attain Premier Executive status again.
- Love more.
- Meet more people.
- Get to the gym more.
- Understand business better.
- Learn more.
- Return to Paris.
- Return to Manila.
- Don't get killed in the process.


Simple goals for the year ahead! Happy New Year!

1 comment:

smt said...

F the gym. P90X. Bring it.