Thursday, March 10, 2011

Model Muffins


Red Velvet Cupcake.

Aaron called to tell us that they were at Model Bakery in St. Helena. I knew nothing about Model so when we arrived, Aaron and Michelle "encouraged" us to try the english muffins - labeled "the best" muffins in the world.

Honestly, I'm a Thomas' English Muffins kind of guy. Give me that fork split goodness, burn it in a heavy toast, slather it with butter and I'm very happy. I've tried other "english muffins" at different restaurants and they never got the right texture or the "nooks and crannies".


The "World's Best" English Muffins.

There are no nooks or crannies in a Model English Muffin but these are some seriously good muffins when given a hard toast, slathered with butter and then a layer of jam. Amazing. From what I've been told, part of the key to these muffins is that they are cooked on a griddle to give it the proper crust.

However they are made, I like them and am even happier that I can buy them online.

No comments: