Monday, November 26, 2007

Singing The Blues


Could have been B.B. King on the main stage at Cozy's, but it wasn't.


Whenever I hit L.A., I always ring up my old movie buddy Jay Video. Like myself, Jay does video assist for motion pictures. Unlike me, he's still working in "The Biz."

Usually, he's working on some movie or another and I'll typically visit with him on the set for a couple of hours. But Jay's a big blues fan and on most weekends you'll find him at Cozy's in Sherman Oaks. We caught up tonight during Cozy's Open Mic night. A collection of blues musicians of different skill levels and ages who jump on stage and jam for a song or two. It's a good time and an interesting tour of those cats who really have their chops down and those kids that think they know how to play the blues, but are really just a hairs' breadth away from rock.


Cozy's
14058 Ventura Boulevard
Sherman Oaks, CA 91423
818-986-6000
L.A.'s Home of the Blues

No comments: