Thursday, April 22, 2010

Epic FAIL


At the door where my analysis paralysis begins.

The bachelor life is rife with adventure and fraught with peril. It's a condition of the life that I've accepted and while I don't always win, I usually have quite a bit of fun. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, other times you crash and burn (spectacularly, at times), but the ones that suck the most are when you just outright fail.

By now, I'm rarely intimidated by a woman. Looks rarely intimidate me and I'm not usually psyched out or overly analytical of a situation. If I'm in the mood, I'll just charge right in and see what happens. Not today though.

While sitting at Intelligentsia Venice Beach, I spotted a girl that looked extremely familiar. Someone that I really know. I have seen her before but I can't place where. I'm stumped. She looks half Asian and half White - almost exactly my ideal preference. Stunning. Don't know about her choice of boots, but whoa.

This is exactly where it started going off the rails for me.

Overall, I have the advantage. I know the staff. She's a regular here. How easy is it to play a routine asking: "Having your usual today?" It would have been an innocent enough opener. She noticed me sitting with Chris Owens when she walked in, so I'm not some random stalker hiding in the corner.

Instead of approaching, I'm stuck in analysis paralysis, wasting my time trying to remember who she is instead of going up to her and finding out. Duh. Over the years, I've met lots of women, getting their phone numbers and taking them out. Suddenly, I'm stalling and spiraling. Stuck trying to analyze too much about who she is. Doomed.


Waiting for her drink - the perfect time to make the approach. But no...

In the end, nothing happened. Epic Fail. There's not even a good story in there about getting turned down, slapped or having a latte dumped on my head. Just a tale of reluctance and woe. Pathetic.

Oh well, time to move on...

No comments: