Thursday, April 22, 2010

Morning of Discontent



Just a few moments before, I felt comfortable. At home. Relaxed. Despite the strange dreams of malcontent and poor customer service, I felt oddly at ease - something I hadn't really felt in a long time. As I peeked lazily out one eye, it hit me: Where am I???

I travel a lot but I'm rarely disoriented in this way. While I enjoy traveling, few places feel comfortable enough to delude me into thinking that I'm back at home. Which is where, for a brief moment, I thought I was this morning - completely confusing my mind and skewing my existence in the world. Am I even at my brother's house in Hermosa??? Crap.

With morning rush hour about to start, I need to get going and back to the beach. Morning rush hour in L.A. is a real pain in the butt and I dislike getting caught up in it. The big concern is getting back to the house before 8am so I can find a parking spot since on Thursdays they prohibit parking on the street.

In my favor, at least the weather this morning is sunny again. It's been off and on cloudy, cold and rainy for the past couple of days and the sun on my face during the morning drive helps immensely. Time to get back to the house, do a little work, bask in the sun, then meet up with some friends.

No comments: