Friday, April 23, 2010

Mitsuwa Matashitemo


Lucy at Mitsuwa

Gerry decided to rise from his slumber in Woodland Hills to make the trip down to Torrance for ramen and what better place to go than Santouku in Mitsuwa Marketplace. Since Polly and I were just here the other day, it afforded the opportunity to try other things in the food court.

I'm a big fan of Japanese food and I could literally have lunch here all week long and not run out of things to try. Today's choice was a tough one: katsu curry or katsu donburi? Very difficult and one should never be faced with such difficult choices. Do I use the Eenie, Meenie, Miney, Moe theory? Draw straws? Flip a coin? It's such a difficult choice and it would be foolhardy to chintz out and order both.


Katsu Curry with togarashi.

In the end, I went for the katsu curry with side salad, just because. I'm a big fan of Japanese curry. If you haven't tried it, it's very different than Thai or Indian curries. It's more mellow but oh so tasty. Nary can I pass a Japanese curry house and not stop in for a bite.


Gerry's pork belly shoyu ramen.


Polly went for the tonkatsu don.

No comments: